Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY Stress

I have always wanted to be a DIY-er. DIY pins on Pinterest are saved in my bookmarks folder, for when I have the time to finally get started. The cabinet and bookcase are done, and there's loads of wood left over. I figured, now is as good a time as any. I pulled up a DIY link that I thought would be a good first project. 

Image taken from Shanty 2 Chic
It sure seemed easy enough. $20 shelves ANYONE can build. Actually, I started this last weekend.  I ran out of nails so had to buy more and I thought, maybe I can use wood moulding. It took me a while to find a nice-looking one and was only able to finish today. To be fair, I couldn't continue it during the week as I had to be at work. 


As it turns out, I'm not anyone. The shelves didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Originally, I wood-stained them but they didn't look too good (or maybe I didn't stain it properly) so I decided to spray paint them white. I'm just waiting for them to dry before I add the hanging mechanism and install them as bookshelves in my daughter's room. I made another project, to hang behind the bathroom door. J has been wanting to replace the hooks we have there now but we haven't been able to find what we're looking for. I thought I might as well make it too!


Still didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I wonder what I can do to jazz it up a bit?  It just might be better for me to give up my illusions of DIY-ing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment