Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Baking

After working on Little B's bookshelves, I had my head in the refrigerator looking for something to munch on. Nothing. In the pantry? No such luck. J asked me to bake cookies over the weekend but I didn't have the time yesterday (okay, fine, I was too lazy to move). I decided I'd hit two birds with one stone - bake him the cookies and make something for me to eat as well.

Enter slutty brownies. I've made it once before (I got the recipe from The Londoner) and J pronounced it to be the best brownies he's ever had. It's extremely easy to make, as the recipe calls for chocolate chip cookie mix and brownie mix. I'm sure one can make the chocolate chip cookies and brownies from scratch but I couldn't be bothered.


Slutty Brownies

One package chocolate chip cookie mix
One package brownie mix
1-1/2 packs Double Stuf Oreos (you can use the regular Oreos but these are much better!)

Preheat your over to 180 degrees Celsius/360 degrees Fahrenheit/gas mark 4. Grease a 8x8 pan. Make the chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie batter as directed. 


Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan. Make sure the pan is greased, so the cookie layer doesn't stick! 


Slightly press the Oreos into the cookie dough, then pour the brownie batter over it. 


Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. It's going to take lot of willpower but let it cool before cutting into it and taking a piece out! I had to watch Little B and do some other things so the wait was bearable.


Doesn't that look like something you'd want to sink your teeth into?


No comments:

Post a Comment